Whose Gloucester video is better?

Monday, October 20, 2008

The Ugliest Kit in the Universe Contest


I had to add this one. It's actually entry #8. The reasons I added it are: Mario Cipollini is a punk, and because this kit makes me think of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. BTW it is one of Rock Racing's 5000 kits.


It's my blog, so I get to go first!
Submission#1 by Maggie the 1994 Castorama kit as worn by mullet man 
Laurent Brochard


Submission#2 by Maggie No idea of the team, but the sponsor according to this dude's leg is braveheartfund.com

Submission #3 by Bridget Lovely on the eyes, this one. Ragbrai kit



Submission #4 by Helen-- ZOMG! Helen submitted the zebra boy kit, but look at the dude on the right. It's Bridget's submission below! 


Submission #5 by Bridget Kelme Costa Blanca

Submission #6 by Bridget Ouch Chico Velo Wildflower



And last, but definitely not least- Here is Submission #7 by Sansen The always ugly Maipei Quickstep Kit. 

Does anyone know what years these monstrosities were from? Let us know if you do.

Please vote in the poll to the right. The person who submitted the winning (or losing- depends how you look at it) kit will receive a Garmin Chipotle Clean Bottle

24 comments:

Ilaria said...

Hello Maggie, have a look at my new blog 'Allez Andy!': I'm quoting you. I'm trying to open italian fungirls' horizons... so: www.allezandy.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

Hi Ilaria,
Super! I don't speak Italian, but spreading the Schleck Love/Fangirl Fanaticism is always a good thing!

We are taking over the world!

Bridget said...

My god! That kit made from some the skin of some poor zebra wins hands down.

:D

Maggie said...

I dunno- I still think the mullet man in the bib overalls is the most hideous. C'mon it was in 1994 and he had the balls to go our in public with that thing on.

And believe it or not I haven't voted yet. I will try to restrain myself so I don't tip the odds. Plus I don't need an Argyle Water bottle- I have like a dozen of them

innaj87 said...

I agree with Bridget that zebra outfit beats them all:).. But mullet man definitely comes 2nd:).

Bridget said...

Mullet man and the zebra outfit are definitely the most hideous!
Although the others are definitely shockers...

Sasha said...

I voted for the zebra-boy but I also like the flower power number 6 :)

Helen said...

The Kelme kit is from 2005 and the 'dude on the right' is Valverde :D hehe.

I'm voting for the flower one i think, it's like a hippy's teacloth!

Rina said...

Can I pls send you a picture to make up for this uglyness tehe?

Maggie said...

Absolutely Rina- Your submissions are always welcome

Rina said...

Any request??:-)

Maggie said...

I don't know- between all of us we've pretty much covered: cutest, sexiest, nicest legs, nicest hair, smile, eyes etc.

Want to go for most beautiful kit for the next one?

I can't add any more entries for ugliest kit since the poll, since people have already voted-unless I started from scratch- too lazy

Unless of course you have a wonderful (as yet unpublished) picture of beautiful Andy or Frank

Rina said...

How about meeting half way? I find a nice picture, which not been published much and you do the poll for hotness?

rob ijbema said...

i don't think you can include Belgium kits,we all know Belgium has no identity...

sansen said...

What about worse shoes and/or sunglasses?

Maggie said...

Let's go with worst sunglasses next- submit your entries ladies- sorry helen, but that pic of Oscar P in the Oakley Twitches is pretty bad IMHO

innaj87 said...

Uh uh can I submit the alien ones Fränk are sporten on my blog at the moment???

Maggie said...

Absolutely!

Helen said...

:o Maggie!!!!!!!!
I adore Oscar in those glasses, infact, I love him in them :P Shame on you! He looks hot.

Note-if anyone dares submit that photo or any of the Oakley twitch, i'll come after ya!

sansenmag said...

All right, where are the votes for Mapei!?

Maggie said...

compared to some of the other fashion faux pas- maipei looks like haute couture.

sansenmag said...

How come that Brochard picture makes me think of Dutchboy Paint?

Sean said...

That Braveheart one isn't even a team jersey. It's for sale. People actually make a conscious decision to spend money so they can look like that.

Maggie said...

Sean,
That is the reason that I do not recycle. We are doomed.